TaDi Snap Shots

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Be a kaiVIGAN! Vote VIGAN for New 7 Wonders - Cities of the world!




BAYANIHAN REPUBLIC:

I've been in Vigan twice and I've seen it many times in films and TV specials but the idea of going there never fails to excite me because I've always been captivated by the city's architectural beauty, fascinating culture, amazing people and of course, the mouth watering local dishes!

Team Vigan of Electrolux Discover-E

I am proud that Vigan is the only city in the Philippines inscribed in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and Monuments.  Vigan also represents a unique fusion of Asian building design and construction with European colonial architecture and planning.



My first trip there was for a feature we did for ABS-CBN's Magandang Gabi Bayan and the second was for the award-winning campaign Electrolux Discover-E: Advocating the Neo-Filipino cuisine.  And since then, I just felt that there's the connection between the city and me just like how I feel for Batanes, Cebu, Tubbataha, Cordillera and Tagaytay.


Last week, I got a social media kit from Vigan City Mayor Eva Marie Medina informing me and my other friends in the blogosphere that Vigan has emerged as one of the final 28 out of the 1,200 cited cities in the search for the New 7 Wonders - Cities of the world!  That's an amazing feat as it is the lone nominee from the Philippines!


She asked our help to promote the city to get into the list but of course, without a doubt, I am all for it!  As you know, I've been an advocate of Filipino heritage and this is one thing I'll be happy to do!  Had I learned the nomination first, I would have volunteered my services to Mayor Eva.


This same online search earned for Puerto Princesa Underground River the slot as one of the New 7 Wonder of Nature in 2012.  The inclusion boosted tourism, employment and business opportunities, giving the country a reputation as a top global destination.


So calling all our KaiVIGAN or Vigan's friends in and out of the country, let's support this historic city to be part of this international recognition not just because we're so in love with the city but Vigan truly deserves it!


Please visit www.n7w.com/en/cities for details.  Please VOTE and PROMOTE Vigan folks!  :)  Please follow @ViganPH on Twitter and use the hashtag #ViganN7W.  You may also visit www.vigancity.gov.ph to get to know more this historic city.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Stories

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails